I’m starting a brand new blog and I’m inviting interested writers to contribute!
Are you interested in contributing to a new blog which will be called Cosplay, Comics, and Geek Culture in Libraries? After 7+ years as the iLibrarian (with over 100,000 unique monthly readers), I’m striking out on my own. The new website will spotlight all things geek and will stress their relevance to libraries, library culture, and librarian/patron interest.
Why will this new venture be a success?
- I successfully built the readership at iLibrarian from 500 monthly viewers up to 20,000 and eventually to over 100,000.
- My writing and editing skills have been recognized with numerous awards in varied topics including the 2014 Joseph L. Andrews Legal Literature Award and the 2011 Greenwood Publishing Group Award for the Best Book in Library Literature awarded by The American Library Association.
- My books have resulted in sales of nearly half a million dollars for publishers, or $471,434 to-date to be exact.
- Cosplay, comics, and geek culture have hit the mainstream over recent years to become one of today’s hottest topics.
- I’ve got a built-in platform of readers as well as credentials in both the library and cosplay worlds including a hyper-connected social media presence in this space including; Twitter (3,500 followers), Facebook(s) 1,400 friends/followers, LinkedIn (700+ contacts).
What’s the value to you?
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of what will be a very well-read blog and have your writing in front of librarians who may be looking to hire for related positions, for consultants or event organizers as well as publishers who may be seeking writers.
Here’s the site in progress: http://ccgclibraries.com (It’s only got placeholder content right now as the site hasn’t launched yet!)
If you’re interested please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you the blog scope statement and writing topics.