I provide consulting to libraries in the areas of technology, makerspaces, and cosplay. Here are my main services, please feel free to inquire about others at email@example.com.
Makerspaces, Cosplay, and Libraries
- Host a Comic (or Anime!) Con in Your Library
- Need help planning all the ins and outs of organizing a library comic con including featured guests, cosplay contests, gaming events, food vendors, marketing, exhibitors, and more? I can help you be sure your event is a success from conception to event day!
- Cosplay Events
- Whether it’s a fandom event, library lock-in, costume contest, prop building workshop, or cosplay classes, I can help you bring all the excitement of cosplay to your library patrons!
- Makerspace Planning
- Want to build a makerspace in your library but don’t know where to start? I can help you build a dynamic makerspace that fits your budget and patron interest areas.
- Makerspace Events
- Want to host a 3D modeling workshop with Tinkercad, host a 3D printing event, sewing event, or engage learners with electronics and circuitry such as Chibi Lights, or Makey Makey? I can help you plan and organize these exciting events which spark creativity and teach valuable STEM skills!
Technology in Libraries
- Technology Planning & Strategy
- Choosing an ILS system for your library? Considering a purchase of a 3D printer? I can help you plan for and choose the technology solution that’s right for your library.
- Project Management
- Are you developing a custom application for your library? Undertaking a large digitization project? I will manage your project from requirements gathering to assessment and work with both on-site and remote teams to ensure your project’s success.
- Library Website Redesign
- I’ve been designing websites for over two decades and can lead your library through strategy, planning, design, implementation, usability testing, and assessment.
- Usability Studies
- Want to know if your library patrons are finding what they need on your website? Trying to develop a taxonomy or navigation system that’s intuitive for your users? I can conduct heuristic evaluations and content audits of your library website to determine what’s working and what’s not, host card sorting tests to determine a usable navigational structure, host scenario-based usability tests to determine if your website design is intuitive for your patrons and more.
- Technical Writing
- I’ve been writing technical documentation for many years and have published many practical, easy-to-understand books on cutting-edge technology. Do you want to document the process of how statistics gathering is handled in your library, or what the inter-departmental archival process is of digitizing materials, or perhaps develop clear and concise patron guides to using your resources and technology? I can create those documents complete with annotated screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
Also, be sure to check out my talks and workshops which can be given at one branch of your library or system-wide.